Is an Online MBA Worth It?
What Is an Online MBA and Who Is It Intended For?
4 Benefits of Pursuing an Online MBA
2. May Attend From Anywhere
3. Different Specializations to Choose From
- Business Analytics
- Digital Innovation and Information Systems
- Global Business
- Leadership and Managing Organizational Change
Common Concerns about Online MBA Programs
Are Online MBAs Respected by Employers?
Will the Faculty Be As Good As In the On-Campus Program?
Will I Have Access to the Alumni Network?
Will the Online MBA Program Help Me Find a Job?
Summing Up: Does an Online MBA Offer a Good Return on Investment?
- How will an online MBA degree help set you apart from a saturated pool of talent?
- What can you get in an online learning environment that you might not get in person?
- Are you comfortable connecting with peers and faculty online?
- What is the cost of the program, and how does it stack up against your projected career growth and earning potential?
- Does the school share information on ways to fund your degree?
- Does the program offer a concentration you’re drawn to—one that prepares you to be a thought leader in an industry of your choice?
- How can you benefit from the flexibility of online learning?
- Does the school have a strong alumni network and provide useful career resources to support you in your job search?
- What percentage of graduates are able to secure new gigs or salary increases?
- What is the job outlook for business and management occupations?
- What is the reputation of the school and program in your industry?
Generally, full-time programs last two years. Pepperdine University’s online MBA program can be completed in as few as 20 to 24 months—and you can hold onto your full-time position. You can also complete the program on a part-time basis in up to 48 months.
What classes are included in an online MBA?
Online MBA programs combine core and elective courses to help you gain in-depth business knowledge and relevant skills. Depending on the specialization, you may learn about launching a new venture, global brand management, predictive analytics, or real estate investing.
How hard is an online MBA?
An online MBA is often as intensive as the on-campus program. Both offer rich learning experiences but require a significant commitment of time and effort.
How much does an online MBA cost?
Online MBA programs vary in cost. At Pepperdine University, tuition for the 2021–2022 online MBA program is around $99,840. There may be additional fees. The school provides information on financial aid and other funding options for interested parties.