Tuition and Financial Aid
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans: Students are potentially eligible to receive up to $20,500 per academic year in the Direct Unsubsidized Loan. The potential eligibility amount of the Direct Unsubsidized Loan is not based on need nor income.
- Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan: Graduate students who are eligible for funds beyond their annual Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan amount may apply for this credit-based loan up to the Cost of Attendance budget.
- Private Loans: Students who require additional assistance may apply for education loans through private lenders.
EdAssist Partner Employees: Take Advantage of a Reduced Tuition Rate
Applying for Financial Aid
Law@Pepperdine Financial Aid Checklist
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Include the Pepperdine University federal school code: 001264.
- Sign the FAFSA electronically using your Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID. You can create an FSA ID on the Federal Student Aid website, or when logging into the FAFSA.
- If you wish to receive the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan, complete Entrance Counseling and electronically sign the Loan Agreement Master Promissory Note (MPN) at StudentAid.gov.
- Both the Entrance Counseling and MPN must be completed in order for funds to be disbursed to your student account at Pepperdine.
- If you have previously borrowed federal student loans, be sure to update your lender(s) with contact information and enrollment status (for loan deferment purposes). Log in to the Federal Student Aid Website to review loan history and loan servicer details.
- Evaluate your need for additional funding such as the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan through the Department of Education, or private educational loans through various lenders of your choice.
- Both the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS and private educational loans are credit-based. Prior to submitting your loan application, you may need to review your credit reports for potential issues. Contact any of the following credit bureaus for information: Experian, Equifax, or TransUnion.
- The Graduate PLUS Loan credit decision expires within 180 days from applying.
- Once you have made the decision to apply for the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan, complete the Direct PLUS loan request.
- If approved for the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan, complete a separate Loan Agreement (MPN).
- If declined for the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan, you can re-apply with a co-signer (endorser) or appeal the denial through the Department of Education.
- 10 business days after your financial aid file is complete, and once you have been admitted, you will be notified via email that your Financial Aid Offer is available for you to review via WaveNet to accept your offer.
- The Award Summary page displays the types and amounts of financial aid that you are eligible to receive. In the Finances section, click on the “View Financial Aid” link and then select the appropriate aid year to access the Award Summary page.
- You must indicate whether you want to accept, decline, or reduce each financial aid award in WaveNet before your aid can be processed by the Financial Aid Office.
- For information regarding your financial aid offer, please contact the Office of Financial Assistance.
- Visit StudentAid.gov for more information on Federal Student Aid Programs.