- Identify the most important topics in private employment law.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the substantive rules in private employment law.
- Describe ways in which private employment law is similar and different as between federal law on the one hand and individual states’ laws on the other hand, as well as among the various states’ laws.
- Show how substantive rules in private employment law apply to differing factual scenarios.
- Assess and critique cases interpreting private employment law.
- Show proficiency in reading cases, statutes, and administrative regulations.
- Compare and contrast the lawyer’s dual requirements of zealously representing clients and faithfully serving as an officer of the court.