- Demonstrate a knowledge of US law on issues of education.
- Delineate the application of legal principles to its appropriate system—primary, secondary, higher education, private school, and home school.
- Understand the manner in which public education is organized and regulated.
- Show conversancy with the manner in which private sector education is regulated.
- Explain US cases and statutes.
- Demonstrate written legal analysis ability in final research paper.
- Recognize and articulate critical issues of justice in relationship to law.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the ethical, and professional responsibilities of lawyers and policymakers in the system of education in America.
- Demonstrate awareness of the emerging education reform issues and state their own position in light of the reform proposals.