Criminal Law and Procedure
- Demonstrate an ability to critically analyze statutes and rules.
- Outline the general ways in which a civil lawsuit moves through the courts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of trial court procedural posture and appellate court standards of review.
- Understand and apply the rules for arrest, detention, criminal trial practice, and evidence and constitutional standards.
- Discuss how lawyers might respond to moral, ethical, and professional responsibilities within criminal law and practice.