Civil Procedure and Litigation
- Demonstrate an ability to critically analyze statutes and rules.
- Outline the general ways in which a civil lawsuit moves through the courts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of trial court procedural posture and appellate court standards of review.
- Understand and apply the rules for pretrial processes, including pleadings, motions, and discovery.
- Explain the role of dispute resolution and how it aids and applies to traditional civil litigation.
- Explain trial by jury, including jury instructions, jury verdicts, and judicial control of the jury.
- Discuss how lawyers might respond to moral, ethical, and professional responsibilities within litigation.