How to Find Your Purpose and Passion in Life Using Career Psychology
Consider Where You Are in Your Career and Where You Want to Go
How to Use Career Development Theories and Assessments
The Career Construction Interview Return to jump links
The Tree of Life
- The roots represent where they come from.
- The ground represents their current activities and roles.
- The trunk represents their strengths and their abilities.
- The branches represent their goals, aspirations, and hopes.
- The leaves represent the important people in their life and their support systems.
- The fruits represent gifts that other people have given them, tangible or inspirational.
- What was your experience constructing your tree of life? Were there any observations, insights or challenges that you had?
- Consider some of the storms of your life, or challenging experiences, and the impact they have had on you personally and professionally. Are there any skills from your trunk that are related to or helped you manage your storms?
- Who would benefit from the skills identified in your trunk and in what settings?
- Consider the leaves that affected you as you navigated the storms of your life. How can you impact others moving forward?
- Identify three professional goals from your branches. Over the next week, what will be your first step toward achieving that goal? What resources and support do you need?