Counselor vs. Psychologist
What Is the Difference Between a Counselor and a Psychologist?
What Is a Psychologist?
- conducting scientific studies of behavior and brain function and observing clients
- identifying behavioral or emotional patterns or disorders that can better predict behavior
- discussing treatment with clients
- writing articles or research papers that educate others
What Is a Counselor?
Psychologist Education Requirements
Counseling Education Requirements
- human growth and development theories in counseling
- social and cultural foundations in counseling
- helping relationships in counseling
- group counseling theories and processes
- career counseling and lifestyle development
- research and program evaluation
- professional orientation to counseling
- associate licensed counselor
- licensed professional counselor candidate
- registered mental health counselor intern
- licensed professional counselor (LPC)
- licensed mental health counselor (LMHC)
- licensed clinical professional counselor (LCPC)
- licensed professional clinical counselor (LPCC)