Behavioral Addiction Recovery: A Guide for Families, Friends, Colleagues, and Roommates
- Communications and social media
Why Do Behavioral Addictions Happen?
What Is the Difference Between a Healthy Habit and a Behavioral Addiction?
- The person struggles with mental health or physical health issues as a consequence of the behavior and/or the inability to stop.
- The person has difficulties in significant relationships at home and, in some cases, at work because the behavior is so disruptive.
- The person experiences other negative consequences that are directly caused by continued, extreme, or chronic engagement in the behavior.
- The person is unable to stop engaging in the behavior despite these consequences.