Introduction to U.S. Law and Legal Systems
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the structure of the US legal system, both federal and state courts and the relationship between the two.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of how laws are made and administered.
- Understand and articulate the relationship between case law, statutes, and administrative regulations.
- Understand and explain the basic concepts of and differences between civil litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
- Recognize and articulate critical issues of justice in relationship to law and society.