Student Success Resources
- In the first term, students should become familiar with all the materials offered in the Virtual Career Center.
- Update your resume to include graduate program information and expected graduation date.
- Consider short and long term professional goals, related to the academic program.
- Schedule a time to speak with a career advisor to target your resume toward professional goals, or make an action plan to develop skills to make progress on career goals.
- Create a target list of potential organizations, positions, and locations of interest.
- Create a networking action plan to start developing inroads at those organizations. Consult alumni or new networking contacts for warm introductions or informational interviews
- Refresh your cover letter, interview skills, and job negotiation strategies
- Finalize resume with relevant work experiences, internships, field placements, academic projects, and coursework.