Pepperdine Online Business Financial Aid Checklist
Follow these steps to apply for federal student aid.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Include the Pepperdine University federal school code: 001264.
- Sign the FAFSA electronically using your Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID. You can create an FSA ID on the Federal Student Aid website, or when logging in to the FAFSA.
- If you wish to receive the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan, complete Entrance Counseling and electronically sign the Loan Agreement Master Promissory Note (MPN) at StudentAid.gov.
- Both the Entrance Counseling and MPN must be completed in order for funds to be disbursed to your student account at Pepperdine.
- If you have previously borrowed federal student loans, be sure to update your lender(s) with contact information and enrollment status (for loan deferment purposes). Log in on the StudentAid.gov homepage to review loan history and loan servicer details.
- Evaluate your need for additional funding such as the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan through the Department of Education, or private education loans through various lenders of your choice.
- Note: The Direct Graduate PLUS Loan is credit-based. Please visit StudentAid.gov for detailed information regarding PLUS loan credit requirements.
- Prior to borrowing through the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan program, you may need to review your credit reports for potential issues. Contact any of the following credit bureaus for information: Experian, Equifax, or TransUnion.
- The Graduate PLUS Loan credit decision expires within 180 days from applying.
- Once you have made the decision to apply for the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan, complete the Direct PLUS loan request.
- If approved for the Direct Graduate PLUS Loan, complete a separate Loan Agreement MPN.
- If declined for the Direct Graduate PLUS Loan, you can re-apply with a co-signer (endorser) or appeal the denial through the Department of Education.
- After your financial aid file is complete, and upon acceptance to the program, you will be notified via email that your financial aid award is available for you to review via WaveNet to accept your award(s).
- For information regarding your financial aid award, please contact the Financial Aid Office.
- Visit StudentAid.gov for more information on Federal Student Aid programs.